Many people think that the term 'education' is a term that is used in reference to educational training courses only. In fact this term encompasses many different things, including training and education of adults in their trade or profession, as well as courses for people who wish to further their knowledge, abilities and knowledge base.
In the United States, the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) provides us with statistics relating to education in the United States. They are able to provide this information online and they provide a detailed description of the type of education that is provided by public schools, community colleges, vocational schools, universities and colleges and also what is taught in schools that offer independent education programs. The number one thing that the NCES can say is that about one in five adults in the United States has a high school diploma. That is good news for all of those people who want to become teachers, engineers, lawyers, doctors, nurses or other professionals, but it does not say much for those people who would like to further their educational qualifications.
For those people, an educational training course can provide them with an opportunity to improve their skills in areas such as mathematics, reading, writing and science. It is also possible that the individual will enhance their job opportunities through the ability to better communicate with others and to be able to perform a particular task better.
Some people do not realise this, but the benefits of an educational training course can extend far beyond improving your employment prospects. For example, an individual will get an opportunity to learn about his or her own skills, the skills that are needed to improve the lives of other people. Those skills can include empathy and compassion, or the ability to communicate clearly and to problem solve. As we have seen, these are skills that are in demand throughout the work place, so those individuals who possess these skills will have a better chance of success at work.
It is also possible for educational training to make a difference to the quality of life of people who are learning. This is because it means that they have more time to spend with friends and family and to pursue interests that they find interesting. The same can also be said of those who are learning in school, because it means that they can continue to learn and improve on their education when they are not in school, allowing them to do what they enjoy and having more time to pursue their hobbies and interests.
There are many types of educational training courses that can be taken. These include general education courses such as general studies, mathematics, reading and writing and composition. As, well as this there is also a range of other educational courses, such as career and college courses that are designed to help people prepare them for career opportunities and other than that of teacher or engineer. The career course is often the most popular among people, however, because it provides students with the opportunity to enhance their knowledge, skills in areas such as business management, human resources, law and accounting.
Career training is generally offered on the basis that it develops a person's skill set to improve his or her career prospects. In this way, they will learn how to write articles, write a resume or prepare for interviews. This knowledge is then used to aid a prospective employer when it comes to finding a job.
There are also career training courses that are open to everyone, including adult learners and adults who wish to start a business. The career course can involve learning how to conduct business for a start-up or even an established company.
This brief scanned the following sources (title, domain, description):
- Mental Health Education & Services - Black Dog Institute (blackdoginstitute.org.au) - Mental health programs, consultancy and clinical services for workers, students, health professionals and bodies, and entire communities.
- ETEA - Education Training & Employment Australia (etea.edu.au) - Delivering high-quality courses from Certificate III through to Diploma level for over 25 years through our campuses all across Australia.
- Vocational education (studiesinaustralia.com) - Australian Vocational Education and Training (VET) Courses provide students with skills that employers have identified as important in the workplace. They are also generally considered to provide more practical, work-orientated skills than the higher education (university) system.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): Free online training courses (qld.gov.au) - Links to free online training courses to assist individuals and businesses learn new skills, update techniques and improve skill sets.
- Education-Training-Certification (splunk.com) - From novice to expert, Splunk can be harnessed by anyone with the right training and it's never been easier to get up to speed. Whether you're simply learning your way around the Splunk platform or getting certified to become a Splunk ninja, there is a learning path or certification track for you!
- 26 Education Courses - Training.com.au (training.com.au) - Find the Leading Education Courses near you and online. Begin your path in Education jobs with an Education course. Funding opportunities available.
- Education and training (headsup.org.au) - We have a range of training programs and courses available that can be tailored to your specific workplace requirements.
- Self-education expenses (ato.gov.au) - Find out if you are eligible to claim self-education expenses, what you can claim and how to calculate your deduction.
- AIM Education & Training (aim.com.au) - Australian Institute of Management (AIM) offers On-Campus & Online Short Courses and nationally accredited Qualifications for individuals and organisations.
- OnLineTraining Ltd (aus.oltinternational.net) - SEND training for teachers and teaching assistants. Join over 80,000 participants today. Free courses including Autism for Parents, SEND Code of Practice.
- Education (surgeons.org) -
- Educational Services & Training (emerson.com) - Improve your workforce with a full range of training options from Emerson's Educational Services. Train your team to adapt to new technologies & products.
- Inspire Education (inspireeducation.net.au) -
- Short courses (qld.gov.au) -
- Vocational Education and Training (VET) Delivered to Secondary Students: Policy (www2.education.vic.gov.au) - Department policy outlining the ways in which VET can be offered to students
- Education, teacher training and English courses (holmesglen.edu.au) - Holmesglen offers innovative early childhood education courses, along with education support courses, teacher training and English language courses.
- Online Courses, distance education from home (oten.tafensw.edu.au) - Study accredited TAFE Courses from home, online education with over 200 courses available, TAFE Digital distance education.
- Home (necaeducation.com.au) - Looking for electrical apprenticeships, electrical industry courses or traineeships in VIC & TAS? NECA Education & Careers has the resources to help you.
These topics were mentioned multiple times across various sources:
- education courses
- training organisations
- Higher education
- graduate certificate
- vocational training
- employment opportunities
- SCHOOL TEACHER
- Performance Learning Platform
- accredited training provider
- related self education
- professional journey
- educational attainment
- higher education courses
- training options
- sufficient connection
- advanced diploma
- Diploma level
- Course Advisor
- Professional development
- learning path
- core software
- training event
- postgraduate course
- targeted training
- vocational graduate certificate
- scholarship provider
- host employers
These are some relevant questions found across sources:
- What is VET?
- Who offers VET?
- How do VET courses differ to higher education courses?
- What Qualification Should You Take On? (New Guide)
- Is Education Right for You?
- What Makes a Good Childcare Educator?
- Why Study Business Administration? Tips You Need to Know